Friday, September 06, 2013

A manly wooden ring for a true gentleman

The people who come into our lives and commission a wooden ring are the most wonderful people. I am delighted to share some of Timothy's comments as we worked together on his ring.

The Design phase:
"I was looking for a bit of a wide ring - 'manly' but not a doorknob..."

The Work in Progress phase:
"Guys - it's beautiful. I know it isn't finished but I really just wanted to let you know that. Very few times in my life have I imagined something and the end result matched exactly what I wanted. I love it."

Upon it's Arrival:

"o.... I just got a little package in the mail this afternoon. My ring is absolutely beautiful. Although it pains me to allow it to sit and acclimate for the next few weeks I know it will just mean our relationship will start slow and steady.  It is everything I hoped - you two are amazing human beings and I have loved working with you. Thank you for sharing your gifts with me - the ring, the beauty of your characters and the communication.... I will definitely be back.  Thank you so much. "

Timothy.  David and I can't thank you enough. It's been a real joy working with you and talking with you (we have so enjoyed your spirit and sense of humor). If you ever make it to our neck of the woods or are even considering a trip to British Columbia, do let us know ... we would love to meet you in person and there is always a spare bed, or a cabin and meals to share... Take care of yourself and we look forward to hearing from you again. Thanks so much!  Nicola and David